Saturday, December 09, 2006

Dec. 9 -- FLOYD SPEAKS

Gavin Floyd talked to reporters in Chicago yesterday and gave this self-evaluation, which comes from the Associated Press.

"I worked real hard in the offseason, and I've progressed over the past couple of years. I've become myself after going off-track a little bit. Now, I know who I am as a pitcher."

Huh? Progressed? If anything, Floyd regressed, and his last act as a Phillie was posted a 5.59 ERA in the Arizona Fall League. Floyd is a nice guy, and I wish him luck with the White Sox, but he still has a long way to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was with his comments about "finally being on a winning team." I know the White Sox won a World Series but the Phils almost made the playoffs the past 2 years. Maybe if they didn't have him pitching and losing virtually every game...they would have made it.

Scott Lauber said...

Charlotte, the White Sox's Triple-A team, did have the second-best record in the International League last season.

Maybe that's what Floyd meant, since that's where I'm certain he'll be starting the season.