Friday, March 16, 2007

March 16 -- HONOR THY FATHER

Over the past week, so many people have shared their memories of late Phillies coach John Vukovich, who seemingly had an impact on everyone with whom he came into contact. Vince Vukovich (left), John's 26-year-old son and a former outfielder for the University of Delaware, has written this poignant tribute to his father for the Phillies' Web site.

Here's a sampling:

I will always remember my dad for the impact he had on me and our family. Whether it was his famous "keep pushing" when I felt like giving up, or a good chewing out when I deserved it, or a hug when I was upset, or a good BP pitcher (hitch included) after an 0-for-4, or the good advice when I was at a crossroads, or a lesson on how to be a man when I wasn't acting like one.

No comments: