Thursday, March 08, 2007

March 8 -- LOOK WHO'S BLOGGING

It appears Curt Schilling (right) is cyber-savvy. Schill, the never-shy Red Sox hurler, has launched his own blog -- 38Pitches.com -- and you're sure to want to keep it bookmarked. The blog's initial entry carries the following mission statement:

I’ve been called everything from outspoken to blowhard to much, much worse. I believe those labels spring out of the fact that I care about the things people ask me as much as any other cause. I’ve never been a yes/no kind of guy, which probably hasn’t been received well by some. I don’t know that I’ll be changing my style, but I do know that getting ripped for something I say here will be getting ripped for something I actually said–with the entire contents of my comments included.

After his start today at Fort Myers, Schilling provided a moving tribute to longtime Phillies coach John Vukovich. But yesterday, he assailed the Phils for not always cultivating a winning attitude in spring training during his tenure with the team. This comment ought to make team president David Montgomery blush with pride: "Every year seemed to be 'Phase 2' of a rebuilding project with no timeline. Every spring it seemed we had a Rule 5 player and six-year Minor League free agents in spots that championship teams usually fill with experienced and talented big-league players."

Say this for Schilling: He's never boring.

No comments: