Sunday, December 07, 2008

Dec. 7 -- VEGAS BOUND

BY SCOTT LAUBER

So, here I sit, at Gate D14 at Philly International, waiting to board an AirTran flight that will take me to Atlanta, where I'll hop another AirTran flight to Las Vegas. Starting tomorrow, and running through Thursday, baseball's winter meetings will be held at the Bellagio, and we'll be there to bring you all the details. We'll be blogging early and often, trying to give you a flavor of the meetings, so please, keep it here.

Meanwhile, and I have to cut this short because the boarding is about to begin, we've briefed you on all the potential Phillies-related happenings over the past two days in The News Journal and at
delawareonline.com. We told you about Ruben Amaro Jr.'s new management team (given the location of this week's meetings, we've dubbed them "Amaro's Eleven"), outlined their goals for Vegas, and in today's MLB notes, we discussed the impact the crumbling economy may have on the business of baseball.

OK, gotta go. They're calling my name (well, my zone number).

More later.

No comments: