Thursday, February 19, 2009

Feb. 19 -- UTLEY STILL PROGRESSING (W/AUDIO)

BY SCOTT LAUBER

CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Morning, everyone. Chase Utley held court here a little while ago, and since we spoke with him at the end of last week, there is nothing much new to report about his rehab from hip surgery.

But, when it comes to Utley, no news is good news.

Over the next few days, Utley plans to begin fielding harder-hit ground balls and facing some light pitching. He has been swinging off a tee and hitting underhanded soft toss in the batting cage. Asked if he will be ready for the April 5 season-opener, Utley said that's "pretty realistic." He set his odds at "fair to quite fair" that he'll be in the lineup that night against the Braves.

If you have about 10 minutes to kill and want to hear Utley's full news conference (hey, maybe he'll even drop an F-bomb!), please click here:
DW_A0320.mp3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Miriam

http://www.craigslistguide.info