Saturday, February 28, 2009

Feb. 28 -- BURRELL WILL ATTEND RING CEREMONY

BY SCOTT LAUBER

CLEARWATER, Fla. -- On the night of April 8, Pat Burrell is slated to play for the Tampa Bay Rays at Fenway Park in Boston.

During the day, though, he'll be in Philly to get his World Series ring.

Burrell, who just chatted with reporters for about 15 minutes, told us that he has been invited to -- and will attend -- the Phillies' ring ceremony before a day game April 8 at Citizens Bank Park.

"I came over here early today, and David [Montgomery] and I talked," Burrell said. "Fortunately, it works out for me that we're going to be in Boston. So, I can shoot over. The Phillies have a day game. So, I'll be able to come over and jump right back on a flight. That's just a coincidence. Fortunately for me, it worked out. I had heard that was going to be the date. Obviously, they weren't moving the date around for my schedule. But it just happened to work out, and I was glad."

For more from Burrell, please check out our story in Sunday's News Journal.

No comments: