Monday, October 08, 2007

Oct. 8 -- THANKS

Landed in Philly a little while ago, season two in the books for me covering the Phillies for The News Journal. As I get set to write my annual end-of-season report card (check for that in Tuesday's 50-center), just wanted to say thanks to y'all for dropping by The Blog throughout the season. When we started this endeavor last season and posted with greater frequency during the off-season, I thought this would be another outlet to provide Phillies information.

But thanks to you, this has become a spot for good Phillies conversation, too. We've got a few regulars (Matt In Philadelphia, Jamie, Paul W., Ed S., Bananafish, Marcus Grimm, Andy, Zack, etc.) and some anonymous folks, but all of you have contributed to The Blog. You've helped fuel the discussion, and you've even helped me come up with a few story ideas. For that, I thank you.

Please keep checking back here during the off-season. The posts may not be as frequent, but I promise they'll make you talk. Later this week, I plan to start breaking down the Phillies, position-by-position. We'll take a look at free-agent comings and goings. And, as always, I'll welcome your opinions and comments.

So, thanks again, and stay tuned.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And thank you, Scott, for such great content -- always great info in an entertaining format.

Andrew said...

Scott, I've always been a huge Phillies phan but only recently got into the blog reading side of it as I live in Baltimore away from Phillies land. And of the many many blogs I've hunted out and read, your's is by far the most educated, interesting, regular, and informed I've ever read. Always a first read when I get to work in the morning! Can't wait to keep up with the team on your blog next season!