Monday, March 17, 2008

Mar. 17 -- PAPERBACK WRITER

CLEARWATER, Fla. -- A few quick notes before the Phillies and Indians get started:

It's a good time to be Chris Coste. His autobiography, "The 33-Year-Old Rookie" hits bookshelves tomorrow (check your local Barnes & Noble), and today, his spot on the Phillies' roster was assured when catchers Jason Jaramillo and Pete Laforest were sent to minor-league camp.

"I knew I was in a good situation coming in, but if I don't play well, I know I could find myself right back in triple-A," said Coste, still not taking anything for granted. "My sense of accomplishment was all about last year. Getting back and proving that I belong in the big leagues. Whether they send catchers down or not, nothing's changed for me."

Coste will do an unofficial book signing at Barnes & Noble on US-19 here tomorrow, and he'll be signing here at Bright House Field on Saturday. Stop by if you're in the neighborhood. I'm sure Chris would love to see you.

*
In case you're heading down here for spring break or Easter vacation and want to take in a few games, Charlie Manuel and pitching coach Rich Dubee have listed the pitchers for the next six days.

Tuesday vs. Rays: Cole Hamels, Fabio Castro, Ryan Madson
Wednesday at Rays (St. Pete): Jamie Moyer, Francisco Rosario, Clay Condrey, Travis Blackley, J.C. Romero
Thursday vs. Pirates: Kyle Kendrick, Adam Eaton, Castro, J.D. Durbin, Tom Gordon
Friday at Twins (Fort Myers): Brett Myers, Madson, Romero
Saturday vs. Tigers: Chad Durbin, Blackley, Castro, Condrey
Sunday at Blue Jays (Dunedin): Hamels, J.D. Durbin, Gordon

No comments: