Monday, June 16, 2008

June 16 -- SAMUEL GOES TO THE WALL

This just in from the Phillies: Juan Samuel is the 2008 inductee to the club's Wall of Fame. He will be enshrined before the Aug. 8 game against the Pirates, and although he is Baltimore's third-base coach, the Orioles have granted him permission to attend the ceremony.

"Sammy" will be at the Bank tonight for a press conference, so we'll bring you more once that happens. Meanwhile, check out Samuel's career stats.

Got any memories of his career with the Phillies? Share them here. I'll chime in later.

1 comment:

Chris said...

First off I am soo happy for Juan. I was a big fan of his as a kid. I remember my mom making me a Juan Samuel shirt with the eight on the back. I remember the jerry curl hair. He and Steve Jeltz could have been confused with members of the Jackson Five! I remember the speed and that trademark Samuel batting stance with that stare. And of course who can forget we got Lenny Dykstra for him at the end of his career! :-)