Tuesday, April 10, 2007

April 10 -- SNEAK PEEK: HOWARD ON LETTERMAN


Here's a photo of Ryan Howard on set during this evening's taping of "The Late Show With David Letterman." And, here are some of the highlights.

* Asked how much of hitting is skill and how much is guesswork, Howard cracked, "I probably guess 90 percent of the time. Most of the time, I'm swinging with my eyes closed anyway."

* Asked if he likes playing first base, Howard smiled and joked, "Yeah, definitely. We are the most athletic people on the field."

* Letterman asked Howard about rumors that his mother manages his money. "The whole allowance thing, I've got to check in with her." Letterman, incredulous that Howard's mom would give him an allowance, asked, "Is it like lunch money?" Howard laughed. "It would be a lot of lunch money. She just handles my money situation. You know, makes sure everything's in place."

* Finally, on the Phillies' 1-6 start, Howard said, "Right now, we're not where we want to be. But we'll get there."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any links to video clips? I missed it!

Scott Lauber said...

Andrew: I'm looking into it. Right now, there are no video clips on the CBS website or on YouTube. If I find anything, I'll post it on the blog. Thanks for the note!