Friday, August 22, 2008

Aug. 22 -- SCHMIDT RIPS MANNY

So, evidently, Mike Schmidt stopped by McCoy Stadium in Pawtucket, R.I., last night to promote awareness of BPH, or enlarged prostate. He also threw out the first pitch and signed a few autographs.

Oh, and before he left town, he ripped Manny Ramirez.

According to the Providence Journal, Schmidt said Ramirez's behavior last month with the Red Sox was "from a player's standpoint, one of the worst things I've ever witnessed in the history of the game." He continued: "I hit for 20 years. I don't think I ever looked in the dugout or the stands and smiled at someone. That's all he does." In Ramirez's final days in Boston, he shoved the club's traveling secretary, publicly criticized the front office and missed games with a mysterious knee injury. "My Manny Ramirez stock has gone way down," Schmidt said. "And it's unfortunate."

No comments: