Saturday, October 11, 2008

Oct. 11 -- GREETINGS FROM L.A.

BY SCOTT LAUBER

LOS ANGELES -- So, after an early-morning flight from BWI to LA, through Charlotte, we're finally here, at Dodger Stadium. The Phillies are taking on the field, taking batting practice and going through their off-day workout. Charlie Manuel is on the field, standing behind the batting cage, as usual. Shane Victorino is shagging flies in center field. So, as far as we can tell, everyone is present and accounted for. On the hills behind Dodger Stadium, there are blue letters, in the design of the famous Hollywood sign, that read, "THINK BLUE." It's obviously a reference to the Dodgers, but I think everyone here in blue that the hometown team is down 2-0 in the series.

Martin Frank is with me, and over the next five days, we'll try to give you a flavor of L.A. I'll have more later, after the workout, but for now, while I head down to the field, enjoy an L.A. scene from one of my favorite movies of all-time. I'm sure you know it.


1 comment:

cathy53 said...

you gotta love the phillies winning or losing you gotta love them and this year they are going all the way cause ive been waiting a long time for this. make me proud guys i know you can do it