Monday, October 13, 2008

Oct. 13 -- HAMELS: MLB IS LIKE THE POLICE

BY SCOTT LAUBER

LOS ANGELES -- Asked in his press conference today if last night's flare-up between Shane Victorino and Hiroki Kuroda, and the Game 2 situation between Brett Myers and Manny Ramirez, will change the way he or any of the other pitchers in this series approach throwing inside, Cole Hamels had this to say:

"No, I think it's irrelevant. I think more so it affects Major League Baseball, because they're the police, and surely they mingle in business that doesn't need to be mingled in. I think they need to allow us to play the game the way this game was brought up. And pitching inside is just part of the game. Sometimes it can get a little carried away, but with the way I go about attacking a hitter inside-out, you can look it up, but I know I have probably one of the best percentages of not hitting guys. So, it's not like I'm going to go out there and try to hit guys but I will throw inside. If I do hit a guy, let's hope I don't get thrown out."

No comments: