Saturday, October 04, 2008

Oct. 4 -- HOW TO GET THE COALS BURNING

By CHRISTOPHER YASIEJKO

PHILADELPHIA -- This score, 3-1 Brewers in the bottom of the sixth, does not please me. So I've begun splitting my time with the grill outside my rowhouse. (I refuse to slip into the winter without another good barbecue or two.)

The source of heat is integral to the taste of whatever is cooking, so I got some 365 Natural Charcoal. Great flavor. Horrible to light.

I'm without lighter fluid. So, apparently, is the Rite Aid around the corner.

So glad to have a neighbor whose friend happened to have a Grillmaster 2000:



Just ignore the accessories. He brought outside the big piece at the top left of that picture. He flicked it on, and that grill burned red and spit smoke. Now we're waiting for it to heat up enough to handle some pork chops and chicken breasts.

Ryan Braun, by the way, just struck out. Those Milwaukee fans are fading like the Mets in September. Still some ball to play.

Oh -- one more thing. I realize the poll I posted is less than thorough with its options. So please make use of the "Other" button with the names of other players we might hate in the morning.

No comments: