Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mar. 31 -- PARK, HAPP REACT

BY SCOTT LAUBER

CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Very quickly because I have to start writing for the paper (it's spring training for the scribes, too, of course, and we're on deadline tonight):

Chan Ho Park: "I feel very happy. The first thing is because I had a good spring. The second thing is I made a deal to try to make the rotation instead of playing on the [Korean] national team. It worked pretty well. I feel very sorry for not playing for the country. But now, they're very, very happy about it and excited about it."

J.A. Happ: "Regardless of what anybody says or what's been written about, there is no one who wanted this job more or worked harder to get it. I’m very confidence in saying that. I busted my butt to try to get it, and that was that goal. I thought I had a good spring. But that being said, I did all those things to be a big leaguer, so if I can get a job in the bullpen and if I can have some success there, I think another opportunity will come where I can get back in the starting job. If I can get a job on this club, it's still a good thing.

Check back later for more.

1 comment:

Schruender said...

Sheffield will not fit in with the Phillies. Frankly I think that Geoff Jenkins has more left in the tank at this point than Sheff did and he isn't crazy either.