Sunday, March 08, 2009

Mar. 8 -- INJURY UPDATES (UPDATED)

BY SCOTT LAUBER

So, I was eating lunch in Center City today (only a few more days until I return to Clearwater) when I got a text message from Phillies PR man Kevin Gregg that should put everyone's mind at ease. According to assistant GM Scott Proefrock, Carlos Ruiz (left) took batting practice and is scheduled to start for Panama against the Dominican Republic today. Ruiz left last night's game against Puerto Rico with a neck injury, and there was some postgame discussion that he had suffered a pinched nerve.

(Updated, 8:04 p.m.): Ruiz went 1-for-3 in a 9-0 loss that eliminated Panama from the World Baseball Classic.

Also, Chad Durbin has informed us, via his Facebook page, that he plans to throw 30 pitches Wednesday. It will be his spring-training debut. He has been slowed by a mild right hamstring strain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too agree that Scott's blog is very good. I live in South Texas and the only sports featured here in the local media are HS Football (I'm not kidding). Scott's blog keeps me current with the Phillies. I read it every day.

Larry in Port A